How to Deal With Oral Thrush
Oral thrush is a very irritating condition, but you don’t have to deal with it forever. Keep reading to learn about this infection and how you can get rid of it for good.
What is Oral Thrush?
Oral thrush is a mouth infection which is caused by the fungus known as Candida. These infections commonly occur after enzymes and certain types of bacteria in the mouth become weak, leading to poor natural regulation of the Candida fungus.
Symptoms of Oral Thrush:
- Bad breath.
- White growths on the inner cheeks, throat, and tongue.
- Pain and itching inside of the mouth.
- Bleeding sores.
How to relieve the discomfort caused by oral thrush:
- Rinse your mouth with diluted hydrogen peroxide once a day, and salt water two times daily.
- Consume cold food items to reduce the pain and itching that oral thrush causes.
- Ask your dentist or doctor if Gentian Violet is a good option for you.
Treatments for Oral Thrush
There are many effective treatments for oral thrush which often include a combination of topical anti-fungal ointments, lozenges, oral medications, or special mouth rinses.
Schedule an appointment at Smile Today if you develop any of the symptoms of oral thrush or have concerns about your oral health.
Latest posts by Kyle Huish (see all)
- Choosing a Dentist is More Than Just Price, It’s Service and Comfort - July 10, 2014
- 5 Things Seniors Need to Know About Oral Health - March 20, 2014
- 3 Effective Home Remedies For Canker Sores - February 28, 2014