Tooth Fillings & Restorations
In the past, silver/mercury fillings were the main material used to seal teeth after decay was removed. Apart from the obvious fact that silver fillings are unattractive, it was found that it is a terrible material to use in regards of adding to tooth strength. We use tooth colored porcelain and resins to replace old fillings and restore our patients’ teeth to a condition which will last for decades.
Why You Should Have Your Silver Fillings Replaced
- Have a high mercury content which has been found to be poisonous.
- Expand and contract over time, often weakening teeth and leading to future cavities and tooth destruction.
Tooth Colored Filling Replacements:
- Appear natural.
- 100% safe.
- Strengthens teeth and provides a seal which will last for several decades.
Filling Replacement Procedure
- Silver filling is removed.
- Existing decay is removed.
- A mold is taken of your tooth to help create the perfect onlay.
- Temporary onlay is bonded to the tooth surface.
- Dental lab creates custom onlay.
- The temporary onlay is removed, and your tooth surface is prepared for the permanent bonding of the new onlay.
- New onlay is bonded to the surface.
- Your tooth is polished.
Schedule an appointment at Smile Today to seek strong tooth restorations and replace old fillings.