Treatment Options for a Cracked or Broken Tooth
Cracked or broken teeth can cause immense pain and discomfort when a person tries to chew or even rest their jaw. It is important for everyone to know that they don’t have to suffer if they come across this situation. Keep reading to learn about what can be done for a chipped, cracked or broken tooth.
The first step that anyone should take when they notice a cracked or chipped tooth is to quickly schedule an appointment with their dentist for an emergency evaluation. During your evaluation, your dentist will help you decide which treatment method would be the most suitable option for your situation. Remember to eat soft foods until your tooth has been repaired to avoid unnecessary pain and further damage to your tooth.
Treatment Options Available for a Cracked or Broken Tooth
There are many treatment options for anyone who suffers from a damaged tooth, and each case of a broken tooth will be treated differently.
- Mild cracks or chips in teeth may be able to be properly repaired using a combination of filling resins and veneers to strengthen the tooth and restore the appearance. It is important for patients to know that veneers are not permanent and may need to be replaced routinely.
- Molars which are excessively damaged may be treated most appropriately with crowns or bridges to restore the strength of the affected tooth.
- Dental implants may be the best option for anyone who has a damaged tooth because they will retain strength, offer a natural appearance, and will not need to be replaced for decades.
Are you currently suffering from a cracked or broken tooth? Promptly schedule an appointment at Smile Today to help you choose the best treatment option.
Latest posts by Kyle Huish (see all)
- Choosing a Dentist is More Than Just Price, It’s Service and Comfort - July 10, 2014
- 5 Things Seniors Need to Know About Oral Health - March 20, 2014
- 3 Effective Home Remedies For Canker Sores - February 28, 2014